Please join us for a symposium on the different outlooks within a partisan political system. The program seeks to harbor a civil dialogue between competing ideologies in the political spectrum. Topics for discussion will center around separation of powers, election reform, the media’s effect on politics, and federal appointments.
The Widener Law Journal (WLJ) will host its annual symposium on February 20, 2017, in the Moot Court Room (A180) of Widener University Commonwealth Law School.
Agenda, Presenters, and Registration
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 9:15 – 10:45 Panel 1: Media/Social Media/The Internet and its Impact on Politics
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 12:30 Panel 2: Separation of Powers
- 12:30 – 1:15 Lunch
- 1:15 – 2:45 Panel 3: Partisan Manipulation of the Election Process
- 2:45 – 3:00 Closing Remarks
Panels and Presenters:
Panel 1 (Media/Social Media/The Internet and its Impact on Politics)
- Shontavia Johnson, Professor of Law, Drake University School of Law
- Teri Henning, Esq., President, Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association
- Craig Staudenmaier, Esq., Partner, Nauman, Smith, Shissler & Hall, LLP
- Frederick Frank, Esq., Founding Partner, Frank, Gale, Bails, Murcko & Pocrass, P.C.
Panel 2 (Separation of Powers)
- Tom Odom, Esq., Prince Law Offices, P.C.
- The Honorable Victor P. Stabile, Judge, Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Jim Christiana, Pennsylvania State Representative, 15th Legislative District
Panel 3 (Partisan Manipulation of the Election Process)
- Linda A. Kerns, Esq., Law Offices of Linda A. Kerns
- Michael Dimino, Professor of Law, Widener Law Commonwealth
- Senator Richard Alloway, II, Pennsylvania State Senator, 33rd District
Online Registration and Payment
- Early: $110 (ends February 13th)
- Regular: $125
- Discounted: $100 (alumni, government attorneys, and academics)
- Register Online: widener.edu/eventregistration
For more information or special needs requests, contact:
- CLEcwlaw@widener.edu or 717-541-3965
- Widener Law Commonwealth, 3800 Vartan Way, Harrisburg, PA 17106-9380